[ndnSIM] CryptoPP

Marco Ulgelmo marco.ulgelmo at aol.com
Mon Nov 16 06:29:01 PST 2015

What I meant is that the default version of Crypto++ library isn’t working for me either and I was not able to run a test. However by downloading and installing it (just tell me if you have already done so) I was able to correctly run the simulations. The —with-cryptopp is needed to tell the configure script where to find the crypto libraries (otherwise it will find those in the default location and not the one you downloaded).
What version of Cryptopp are you currently using?

> On 16 Nov 2015, at 11:17, Natalya Rozhnova <rozhnova.natalya at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Marco,
>
> The problem is not to find the library but to make a test…
> As I said in my previous message I tried the option —with-cryptopp=path but it doesn’t change anything.
>
> The error is: CryptoPP is present (so it finds the library) but unusable (don’t get what’s the problem)
> Any idea?
>
> Best,
> Natalya
>

>> Le 15 nov. 2015 à 13:10, Marco Ulgelmo <marco.ulgelmo at aol.com> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I resolved that issue by downloading and installing that library separately. When you compile ndnSIM just specify where to find the new library with the --with-cryptopp=/path/to/library
>>
>> Marco Ulgelmo
>>
>>> On 13 Nov 2015, at 17:16, Natalya Rozhnova <rozhnova.natalya at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to compile the ns3 with ndnSIM 2.1 but I have a following problem when configuring :
>>>
>>> CryptoPP is present, but is not usable
>>>
>>> Could you please tell me what's wrong and what I supposed to do to resolve this?
>>>
>>> BTW:
>>> libcryptopp: /usr/local/lib/libcryptopp.a /usr/local/lib/libcryptopp.so
>>>
>>> I have also tried to use the option --with-cryptopp=/usr/local but it doesn't help...
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for your reply,
>>> Best,
>>> Natalya