[ndnSIM] PIT and long-lived interests

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Nov 11 04:18:42 PST 2015

> On Aug 12, 2015, at 7:58 PM, 李國秀 <kourtneylee1611 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I run some simulation recently,
> trying to fill the PIT of the producer and routers with long-lived interests.
>
> But I found that I can only filled the PIT of the consumers',
> since consumers stopped sending interests at exactly the same time at every simulation no matter how many consumers I added,
> so I am wondering:
> will the long-lived Interests be dropped by routers and producer if the PITs are full?
> And if they will, is that the default NFD feature?

Hi Kourtney,

Currently, NFD/ndnSIM implementation doesn't restrict anything for the long-lived interests.  Interests will be in PIT for the time equal or larger than specified in InterestLifetime of the interests (it can be larger if there are multiple interests for the same data, which will extend lifetime of the PIT entry).