[ndnSIM] How to add a new cache replacement policy

Saran Tarnoi sarantarnoi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 19:28:48 PST 2015

Dear All,

I want to add a new cache replacement policy to ndnSIM. Until now, I have
been hard-coding existing files, such as lru-policy.h, to get a desired
result. This method is obviously inefficient for real simulation.

I would like to have a separate new policy file and make it callable from
scenario files through a configuration in ndnHealper. For example, the
following line of a scenario file allows CS to run NewPolicy.

ndnHelper.SetOldContentStore("ns3::ndn::cs::NewPolicy", "MaxSize", "10000");

Which files do I should modify to get this ability?

Your answers will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

--
Yours sincerely,
Saran