[ndnSIM] Modify/Read payload content & Read the content in cache

Kanin Assantachai kanin at inl.ics.keio.ac.jp
Sun May 24 22:23:03 PDT 2015

Dear everyone,

As I have figured out the solutions to my own questions already, I would
like to contribute some knowledge back to the community as well since I
have received a lot of suggestions here. Feel free to modify these to
suit your needs. :)

1. Modify packet payload (implemented in ndn-producer.cc)

std::string string = "payloadString";                      // payload
content to be added
data = Create<Data> (Create<Packet> (reinterpret_cast<const
uint8_t*>(&string[0]), string.size()));    // create data packet using
the value of "string" variable

2. Read payload content (implemented in ndn-consumer.cc)

int payloadSize = data->GetPayload ()->GetSize ();
std::string content = "";
   for (int i=0; i<payloadSize; i++){     // allocate the same number of
characters as the number of characters in the payload
      content = content + ".";
   }
   data->GetPayload
()->CopyData(reinterpret_cast<uint8_t*>(&content[0]), content.size());
   std::cout << "Received payload content: " << content << std::endl;

3. Read name of content in cache (actually implemented in
ndn-producer.cc not lru-policy.h)

Ptr<ContentStore> cs = GetNode ()->GetObject<ContentStore> ();
Ptr<cs::Entry> current = cs->Begin ();        // can iterate to another
content store entry before printing its name
std::string string;
string = string + current->GetName ().toUri ();
std::cout << "Content name: " << string << std::endl;

Hope this helps those who are looking to do something similar!

Kanin Assantachai