[ndnSIM] Getting "Face" in PIT of node in simulator version 1.1 & Sending extra interest message

Kanin Assantachai kanin at inl.ics.keio.ac.jp
Mon May 18 08:21:57 PDT 2015

Dear Spyridon / Alex,

These are the follow-up questions to the email I sent a few days ago.
But since they are not quite related to the previous questions, I would
like to create another email for a separate series of archived email.

1. I would like to print out the list of "Face" stored in the PIT of a
node. Even though it was asked before in this archived email:
http://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/ndnsim/2015-February/001693.html
, the suggested method only applies to the simulator version 2.0 since
it uses nfd library in the code. However as I am still working with
version 1.1 (I tried to upgrade to version 2.0 earlier, but the BRITE
integration component somehow does not compile with the new version),
may I ask for possible solutions to do this task in version 1.1?

2. I would like to make a node along the content retrieving path sends
another copy of the same interest message to its neighbor node instead
of the original intended destination. Please suggest some approaches for
this feature. For example, let's say there is Node "A" which is
connected to Node "B". Node B also connects to both Node C and Node D.
If I install a consumer app on node A, and producer apps on both node C
and D, how can I make node B sends extra copy of interest message to
node D when its original destination of the original interest is node C?
I have tried reading through the code of the functions SendPacket() and
ScheduleNextPacket() of ndn-consumer.cc, but I am not quite sure if they
are the correct place to modify the code.

Thank you for your kind suggestions in advance.

Sincerely,

Kanin Assantachai