[ndnSIM] How to consult with neighbor nodes

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 11:47:25 PDT 2015

One way I can think of could be to follow the rationale of the global routing helper:

https://github.com/NDN-Routing/ndnSIM/blob/master/helper/ndn-global-routing-helper.cpp#L282-L283

However, this way is not very efficient, since for large topologies, the dijkstra algorithm provided by the boost library is not that fast.

Another way could be to get access to the NetDevices:

https://github.com/NDN-Routing/ndnSIM/blob/master/helper/ndn-stack-helper.cpp#L166-L167

Then you will need to take a look at the NS3 documentation and figure out how you can have access to each link attached to a specific node. If you have access to each link attached to a node, you will be able to learn the second node that this link is attached to as well. The link for the NS3 documentation is the following:

https://www.nsnam.org/doxygen/index.html

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/
Internet Research Laboratory
PhD Computer Science