[ndnSIM] Question on sending packets via netdeviceface

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 18:25:19 PST 2015

Hello Yali,

please use the “answer-all” option when your answer, so that the email exchange is visible to all the subscribers of the mailing list.

An easy way to create a special Interest packet is to include a special name prefix to your Interests. To that end, you need to specify the following to your simulation scenario (assuming a Cbr Consumer application):

// Consumer
  ndn::AppHelper consumerHelper ("ns3::ndn::ConsumerCbr");
  consumerHelper.SetPrefix (“/hello");
Then, you will need to modify the OnInterest method of the apps/ndn-producer.cc <http://ndn-producer.cc/>, in order to handle this special Interest in the way that you want when it reaches a producer.

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/
Internet Research Laboratory