[ndnSIM] Real-time received packet size

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Mon Jan 12 14:40:07 PST 2015

> On Jan 12, 2015, at 2:49 AM, 최원준 <wonjunchoi001 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello.
>
> I was trying to know how L3RateTracer::Reset () function works.
> What I want to do is to check received packet size from requester at each time.
> If I set payload size from provider to 1024. I want to know when the final packet is received from requester.
> It seems like packet size is automatically changed according to the payload size what I set.
> packet size for one sequence = total time / 1024 ?

Hi Wonjun,

Packet size is not changed automatically.  You need to configure it in producer application using PayloadSize attribute (http://ndnsim.net/doxygen/classns3_1_1ndn_1_1_producer.html <http://ndnsim.net/doxygen/classns3_1_1ndn_1_1_producer.html>).  The default value is 1024.

The actual packet size will be larger than 1024, given there are additional (variable-lenght) headers.

—
Alex