[ndnSIM] Performance of ndnSIM

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Sun Jan 11 12:33:15 PST 2015

Hi Julian,

Did you compile NS-3/ndnSIM in optimized mode?  Debug mode is several orders of magnitude slower.

Also. How long are you simulations?  ndnSIM is trying to realistically simulate NDN operations, so there are limitations on how many operations can be performed.  To shorten simulation time you can look into scaling your simulation or check NS-3 MPI module, with which you can partition your network run simulation on multiple CPU cores / machines.