[ndnSIM] Send Data from NFD to Scenario

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 18:42:57 PST 2015

Hi Cesar,

I am not sure that I have fully understand what you want to do and its purpose. However, I can clarify that the StrategyChoiceHelper sends special signed Interest commands to the Strategy Choice Manager of NFD in order to define the desired strategy for a specific namespace. For more info, you take a look here:

http://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/NFD-developer-guide.pdf

For the second part of the question, let me clarify that your scenario should define all the desired parameters and then just be simulated. Again, I have not fully understand what you would like to do, but probably it would be useful for you to use signals to trigger events:

https://github.com/NDN-Routing/ndnSIM/blob/master/NFD/daemon/fw/forwarder.hpp#L116-L124

Hope that this helps.

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/
Internet Research Laboratory