[ndnSIM] First steps - problem, no result after running simulation

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 11:38:37 PST 2015

Hello Roman,

the first thing that you can do is to activate the logging module of NS3. This will work only when NS-3 is compiled in debug mode (not in optimized mode) and can be done by typing:

NS_LOG=ndn.Producer:ndn.Consumer ./waf --run=<scenario name>

The other thing that you can do to collect some results/statistics/metrics is to enable the tracers:

http://ndnsim.net/2.0/metric.html

The last thing that you can do is to enable the visualizer. This will work only If you have compiled with python bindings and can be done by typing:

./waf —run=<scenario name> --vis

Hope that this helps.

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/
Internet Research Laboratory