[ndnSIM] Implementing Interest Limits in ndnSIM2.0

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Mon Feb 16 12:09:18 PST 2015

Hi Daniel,

Link capacity is not really a property of nfd::Face.  It can be property of ndn::NetDeviceFace, but even with it it really depends on which specific underlying NetDevice is used.

In 1.0, this worked only for point-to-point links and the capacity was obtained during the construction stage in StackHelper and then it was used to initialize Limits object aggregated on the face by the strategy.  In 2.0, we still can obtain the capacity during the construction, however there is no longer an assumption that there is only one strategy for NDN node (which was true in 1.0).  The question (and the reason it is currently not implemented) where and how to store Limits object on the face.

If you're ok with just one strategy per node, you can make a hack and store map of Face->Limits objects on "/" measurement entry of FIB.  May be you can come up with a better place..