[ndnSIM] [help] query about ndnSim

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 20:31:07 PDT 2015

Hi,

> 1. why don't intermediate nodes (one's that isn't directly connected to the consumer node) don't call
> "" lookup(typename parent_trie::iterator item)"" function written in the  X-policy.hpp(fifo,Lru,lfu etc). ???

By taking a quick look at our API, I think that this method is called by every simulated node in order to implement the configured cache replacement policy. Am I missing anything?

> 2. There is a virtual function definition like ""virtual shared_ptr<Data>Lookup(shared_ptr<const Interest> interest) = 0;""  why it is needed ???

This is a virtual method of a base class. This method is designed to perform a lookup for cached data on a simulated node. The ContentStoreImpl class inherits this base class and the corresponding method of this class overrides this method.

> 3.From which point of simulator the "lookup()" is called  ??? means i didn't find the  function calling.

It is called from the forwarder class of NFD:

https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/ndnSIM/blob/f8bf3f4c4c6f0ee38a285a7933d676ceba90ccdb/NFD/daemon/fw/forwarder.cpp#L106

> 4. If  i want to check weather an arrived data is already cached in it's neighboring nodes or not before insertion  how can i do that  ???

You need to have access to the context of the neighboring node and call the lookup method for this node.

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/
Internet Research Laboratory
PhD Computer Science