[ndnSIM] Delay PIT and CS deletion

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 13:57:32 PDT 2015

Hi Gustavo,

the expiration time of a PIT entry is equal to the lifetime of the last Interest received. For the CS, this depends on the amount of traffic and the replacement policy. When the CS of a router is full, the eviction of a CS entry will take place according to the replacement policy.

For further details about the forwarding process and in general about all the NFD-related functionality, you may take a look at the NFD-developer guide:

http://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ndn-0021-4-nfd-developer-guide.pdf

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/
Internet Research Laboratory
PhD Computer Science
UCLA