[ndnSIM] link failure

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Mon Apr 27 23:18:00 PDT 2015

> On Apr 28, 2015, at 3:37 AM, Trade <trade20122012 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Christian,
> Thanks for bringing good point. I did notice there are different ways for handling link failures.
> In NLSR implementation as well as published paper, they use taking one node down
> instead of link fails. But in Ndnsim, uses the link down but two nodes still can communicate
> with others.

Just to add one puzzle piece to the picture:  NS-3 as of yet does not support concept of removing node from the simulation environment, nor remove/physically break any specific link.  That is main reason why link failures in LinkHelper are implemented as adding 100% LossError model on the link.

> One more question, in ndnsim example, both bestroute and calculateallpossible route appear
> in the main file, then does it account for ?

Trade, I’m not sure I fully understand your question.  Can you clarify what you mean?

—
Alex