[ndnSIM] Content Store Size

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Fri Apr 24 20:20:51 PDT 2015

> On Apr 23, 2015, at 9:27 PM, harshad shirwadkar <harshadshirwadkar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> It looks like that content store size is in terms of "packets" and not
> "bytes". Does packet here refer to interest / data packet?

Content store caches data packets, so it is always about data packets.

> If that's
> the case, if I change data packet size, the content store capacity
> would change. Is my understanding correct?

Capacity in terms of “size” yes, capacity in terms of packets will not.

> For my experiments, I need different packet sizes but constant content
> store sizes. Could anybody please let me know if there is a way to set
> content store size in bytes(I did not find anything online about it :(
> )?

To make your experiment work, you would need to write a custom replacement policy that would keep track not just number of elements in the cache, but also the size in bytes that is being used.  For example, this could be something like https://gist.github.com/cawka/a4b0ab073216ef7bc230

—