[ndnSIM] Simulation stopping time

Haroon Rashid haroonr at iiitd.ac.in
Mon Sep 29 11:32:10 PDT 2014

Hi Alex,

Yes, you are right. I was thinking of the same. But, I want to know how we
can relate simulation time to the actual time. For e.g., If I want to keep
the network up for 5 minutes in real time then what should I put in the
simulation stopping time (5 minutes or something else).

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Alex Afanasyev <
alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu> wrote:

> Hi Haroon,
>
> I could be wrong, but I feel you have a small confusion about what
> Simulator::Stop does.  Simulator::Stop defines when the simulation stops in
> simulation time, not real time.  In real time it can take long time,
> depending on the specific topology and scenario.
>
> ---
> Alex
>
> On Sep 29, 2014, at 3:02 AM, Haroon Rashid <haroonr at iiitd.ac.in> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>  I am not able to control the simulation time in ndnSIM. For e.g, If I
> want to finish simulation by 5 seconds I use* Simulator:: Stop (Seconds
> (5));*
>
> But, it seems that simulator ignores this. To stop the simulation I
> forcibly close terminal (ctrl+c).
> Please suggest possible solutions.

Haroon Rashid