[ndnSIM] Per-interface strategies in ndnSIM

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 10:58:54 PST 2014

Hello Amin,

I will answer your question, based on the best of my knowledge in ndnSIM. Alex can complement my answer if anything is misleading or incomplete.

There is a template class PerOutFaceLimits that I think it would be helpful. You can write a specialization of this template to apply it to your forwarding strategy. Moreover, each forwarding strategy uses a convention about green, yellow and red faces. There is a number of forwarding strategies implemented, but you can also create your own custom forwarding strategy based on the already implemented strategies.

Follow the first link to take a look at the PerOutFaceLimits template class and the second link for the forwarding strategies (with and without limits): http://ndnsim.net/doxygen/classns3_1_1ndn_1_1fw_1_1_per_out_face_limits.html#a3ea8ba5325d54412c5894e02fb519839 <http://ndnsim.net/doxygen/classns3_1_1ndn_1_1fw_1_1_per_out_face_limits.html#a3ea8ba5325d54412c5894e02fb519839>
http://ndnsim.net/fw.html <http://ndnsim.net/fw.html>

If you eventually use the limits, do not forget to enable them first at your simulation scenario (there are some examples at the second aforementioned link).

Let me know if you need anything else.
Kind regards,
Spyros Mastorakis