[ndnSIM] Modifying source files

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Tue May 13 10:59:01 PDT 2014

Hi Chavoosh,

Unfortunately, unless you separate your code from NS-3, as is suggested in https://github.com/cawka/ndnSIM-scenario-template  you will end up recompiling a big chunk of NS-3 every time you make a minor change in your scenario.

However, if you are modifying NS-3 itself (e.g., something inside src/internet or src/network), then this would unconditionally require recompilation of NS-3, even if you have separated your scenario into different repository.

Btw. You mentioned that "it didn't work", but what exactly is the problem?  I can try my best to update the instructions in the scenario template, if they are confusing.