[ndnSIM] Caching probability issue

G.Sánchez g.sanchez148 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 01:10:59 PDT 2014

The problem was already solved. The answer was the following:

It is because of the consumer application,

// Consumer
ndn::AppHelper consumerHelper ("ns3::ndn::ConsumerCbr");.

The "ns3::ndn::ConsumerCbr" generates a series of "sequential interest
packets"; for example, Consumer will request /prefix/0, /prefix/1, ....

Therefore, the Consumer will never request any previously requested content
object, so CacheHit is always zero.
By contrast, there is more than one Consumer in tree topology. As a result,
a content object that has requested by a Consumer is also requested by
another Consumer, so CacheHit occurs.

To see what is actually generated by Consumer while running a simulation,
you can put the command below to see the log,

NS_LOG=ndn.Consumer ./waf --run=ndn-simple

Thanks to all.