[ndnSIM] disabling content store

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Wed Jul 23 18:09:21 PDT 2014

On Jul 23, 2014, at 2:44 AM, Nour El Houda Ben Youssef <NourElHouda.BenYoussef at oxia-group.com> wrote:

> Dear Alex
>
> While deploying ndn stack in my topology I need to disable the content store for some constrained nodes but keep it for the rest of the nodes; Can I do it with the same ndnHelper or do I need to use two different ndnHelpers?
> How do I set the content store to null in the first place? Without content store in some nodes, will ndn be able to deliver data through the network?

Hi Nour,

To disable content store, you just need to `ndnHelper.SetContentStore("ns3::ndn::cs::Nocache")' prior to calling `ndnHelper.Install(...)'.   You don't need to create multiple helpers (you can, but there is no real need.  You can simply alternate "SetContentStore"/"Install" with normal and null (nocache) CS.

CS is very powerful component of NDN system, but its absence does not prevent communication.