[ndnSIM] ndnSIM ad hoc routing protocol question

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Tue Feb 11 17:22:37 PST 2014

Hi Jiaxin,

Ideally, you would need to define and write new routing protocols that are similar to DSR and AODV, but which works on names, instead of identifiers.

But since this is only a simulation, you may be able to assume that your NDN names are DSR/AODV identifiers and use them in NDN FIB directly.   You would need to write your own custom NDN strategy that utilizes DSR and AODV information to forwards Interest packets toward faces, instead of using FIB (as is done with all current strategies).