[ndnSIM] Overhaul the ndnSim to support wifi-broadcast

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 22:26:03 PST 2014

Hello,

I am not very familiar with the paper that you mentioned, but I will just express my opinion based on the best of my knowledge of ndnSIM.
The thing that you can do for sure is to install the 802.11 Wifi standard provided by ns3 and then the NDN stack in each node. You can also use a mobility helper of ns3 if you want. You can take a look at the “ndn-simple-wifi.cc” example.

As far as the forwarding is concerned, the current version of ndnSIM does support a flooding forwarding strategy. If this strategy does not cover your needs, you can implement your own custom forwarding strategy. You can follow this link for further information:

http://ndnsim.net/fw.html <http://ndnsim.net/fw.html>

I think that the example that I mentioned combined with a custom forwarding broadcast strategy should work for you.

Let me know if you need anything else,
Spyros