[ndnSIM] Longest prefix match in FIB

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Mon Apr 14 11:51:17 PDT 2014

Hi Yaoqing,

I think you're right.  FIB works entirely on names and does not really need to know anything about the Interest.  I think the original idea was to match PIT implementation (where PIT entry is looked up either with Data or Interest packet), but I see now that it is not entirely correct.

If you make a patch that adds a new LPM method that uses just a name (I would prefer keeping the existing method for now), then I would be happy to merge this into the master.

Thanks!