[ndnSIM] Longest prefix match in FIB

Yaoqing Liu - liu liu at clarkson.edu
Thu Apr 10 07:08:36 PDT 2014

Hi Alex,

I'm working with Dr. Lan Wang from the University of Memphis about the forwarding hint solution. We noticed that your only implemented one Longest Prefix Match (LPM) function by interest, we have two questions here:

  1.  why don't just use  a prefix for LPM, instead of an interest (In the function, actually you used just the interest name)?
  2.  You left a note in the function "@todo use predicate to search with exclude filters", what other fields of an interest and for what purpose will be used for FIB lookup?  Could you show an example? In our opinion, LPM by the interest name is good enough for FIB lookup.

Thanks,
Yaoqing

Yaoqing Liu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor