[ndnSIM] WillSatisfyPendingInterest

JackWee jackwee_yao at 163.com
Thu Sep 26 06:25:29 PDT 2013

Hi Alex
We are trying to create a new forwarding strategy and notice that there is a function named WillSatisfyPendingInterest() used in OnData and OnInterest.
In our forwarding strategy,if we use the function some error sentences appear as below:

NS_ASSERT_MSG (record != m_faces.get<i_face> ().end (), "Update status can be performed only on existing faces of CcxnFibEntry");

And if comment it out,no NS_ASSERT_MSG happen and the strategy run as we wish.
we also look up the use of this function in http://ndnsim.net/doxygen/classns3_1_1ndn_1_1_forwarding_strategy.html#a9ccbf12451582834604db78dbd6d1080 but do not get it.
Could you tell us the use of this function more specific?
And is it a necessary function in implement a forwarding strategy?
Thanks a lot and looking forward for your reply.
                                                                                                                                                                                                          sincerely
                                                                                                                                                                                                          JackWee