[ndnSIM] multithread issue in ndnsim

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Tue Sep 17 21:10:52 PDT 2013

Hi JackWee,

Generally, and unless very very carefully used for specific subsets of tasks, threads cannot be used in NS-3 simulation.  Therefore, it is "normal" that NS-3 segfaults.

If you need to do something "in parallel", you should schedule two event to be run at the same time and NS-3 will take care that they "run" at the same simulation time (each event in NS-3 always takes 0 simulation time).