[ndnSIM] how to set the broadcasting prefix

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Tue Sep 10 10:30:33 PDT 2013

Hi Xuan,

What I meant is to modify implementation of DoPropagateInterest method in model/fw/best-route.cc.  Instead of always following the same logic for all prefixes, you can check if pitEntry->GetFibEntry ()->GetPrefix () == ndn::Name("/ndn/broadcast"), and if so forward interest to all faces for the fib entry, instead of just "the best" one.

I'm not quite sure what exactly you did, it could help if you could show an example.  But I tend to think that the behavior you want should be part of the strategy layer, not the application (I'm guessing that you add the secondary face into the application..., could be wrong).