[ndnSIM] segmentation

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Mon Nov 18 10:48:10 PST 2013

Hi Masri,

If I understand correctly, you want to do some kind of "prefetching"/Data "pre-publishing".  What you can do is to enable unrestrictive caching from local applications using CacheUnsolicitedDataFromApps attribute.

Config::SetDefault("ns3::ndn::ForwardingStrategy::CacheUnsolicitedDataFromApps", BooleanValue(true));

After that, you can simply "publish" any number of data packets into local node's cache as a response to the incoming Interests; and any further Interests for the published Data will be answered directly from the cache.

Would that work for you?