[ndnSIM] a problem in 'ndn-simple-with-pit-operation-stats'

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Mon Nov 4 23:42:19 PST 2013

Hi Amin,

This is entirely effect of "Lru" PIT entry "replacement" policy.  This is actually **not** a default one.  I think, if you try to run stats with default policy (ns3::ndn::pit::Persistent::AggregateStats), you may get results that you're expecting.

With Lru, every time a new interest coming in, some old element is getting evicted, if capacity is reached.  When Persistent policy is used, whenever PIT capacity is reached, new items will be rejected, not existing items evicted.