[ndnSIM] Realistic but small topology for cache performance evaluation

Saeid Montazeri saeid.montazeri at gmail.com
Wed May 29 20:57:48 PDT 2013

Dear Alex,

Thanks a lot for the reply. The problem with rocketfuel is that the number
of routers is more than 1000 as you know. I simulated an unrealistic
topology which is attached with only 10 core routers and 8 edge routers.
One simulation run for 2000 sec took 6 hours. You can imagine what the
execution time of a topology with 1000 routers will be.

Using MPI is an interesting idea. However, I am not sure how much it can
help. It is due to the fact that in my experiences the execution time
exponentially increases with the number of node. If the execution time
decreases linearly with the number of nodes (nodes=cores for the best case)
by using MPI, I think it may not help a lot. This is only a guess and I am
going to test it.

Best Regards,
Saeid