[ndnSIM] new scenario files

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Wed May 22 13:46:15 PDT 2013

Hi ioannoa,

I saw that you created and then closed the issue on github, so I'm assuming that you managed to solve the problem.

The simplest way to add a custom scenario is to put it into a scratch/ folder, then the command that you were running should have worked.  When you're adding scenarios in src/ndnSIM/examples/ folder, you also have to add a couple of lines in src/ndnSIM/examples/wscript.  It should be straightforward, can you let me know which problem you were getting?

The recommended approach (using a separate repository, in a manner described here: http://ndnsim.net/getting-started.html#simulating-using-ndnsim) is a little bit more complicated then putting files into scratch/ folder, but is more beneficial in a long run, since it is way easier to keep track of your modifications.