[ndnSIM] CustomStrategy

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Thu May 2 12:47:53 PDT 2013

Hi Mohammad,

First of all, configuring routes has nothing to do with forwarding strategy selection. FIB is used as input data for the forwarding strategy, and you need to select the strategy that is appropriate for you using ndn::StackHelper::SetForwardingStrategy method.

As for the error.  Did you copied ndn-congestion-alt-topo-plugin.cc into scratch/ folder and tried to run it?  If yes, then the error should happen, since CustomStrategy is defined in another file that also needs to be compiled.  You can directly use examples in examples/ folder, if you configured NS-3 with --enable-examples flag.   Or you can use this repo https://github.com/cawka/ndnSIM-examples  that has a copy of all examples and will compile all necessary code automatically.