[ndnSIM] some doubt about ndnSIM

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Mon Mar 25 10:09:43 PDT 2013

Hi BoDeng,

NS-3 has its internal mechanism (ns3::Names class) that is used to associate names and pointers, such as pointers to Node objects.  Internally, ns3::Names uses std::map, so it is not exactly hash operations, but should not be too inefficient (each operation on the order of logN).

Creating FIB table from scratch using AddRoute method (this specific version: http://ndnsim.net/doxygen/classns3_1_1ndn_1_1_stack_helper.html#a64db64bd1b98144cda977dc5659a7d98) should be relatively efficient.  There is no way currently to save/restore FIB from the disk, as its data structure is special.

How big is your FIB?