[ndnSIM] How to deal with large topology in ndnSIM

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Tue Mar 12 21:58:48 PDT 2013

Hi Wei,

If memory is not an issue, than I'm not yet sure what could be the problem.  Can you run it in debugger and check what exactly causes the segfault?

Time-wise, GlobalRoutingHelper is running Dikjstra algorithm N times (where N number of nodes in the system), each time it's takes N*M steps (M=number of edges).  I haven't thoroughly evaluated performance, but it definitely would not be too fast.

If you want to use GlobalRoutingHelper every time caching changes, than that could be a problem.  You may want to design some way to adjust routing without changing/recalculating routes everywhere, but I'm not sure how (and what are you requirements).