[ndnSIM] How to control the Consumer behavior when an Interest times out?

Chengyu Fan chengyu at cs.colostate.edu
Tue Mar 12 13:56:38 PDT 2013

Hi Alex,

I want to control the Consumer behavior when an Interest times out: when an
Interest times out, the consumer must ignore it, and send another Interest.
I did not find an example which does the similar thing. But I notice
that ns3::ndn::Consumer
Class can handle the time out, do I need to write my class to inherit it?

And I don't understand the method
OnTimeout<http://ndnsim.net/doxygen/classns3_1_1ndn_1_1_consumer.html#acdd845fd285cd7d63ea87c2e2dfa3234>
(uint32_t
sequenceNumber), what does the parameter sequenceNumber mean?
For example, if I send Interest for content /ucla.edu/alex/cv, and it times
out, what kind of sequenceNumber is?

Thanks,
Chengyu