[ndnSIM] how does "sending packet" be implemented ?

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Thu Mar 7 11:48:29 PST 2013

Hi Huqian,

DidSendOutData and DidSendOutInterest (as I was hoping that name would suggest) are so called events that are executed just after Data or Interest packet was send out on a face.   You can override these events in a custom strategy, e.g., to calculate statistics  or do some other processing.  In any case, these are not used and not intended to be used to send packets.

m_outInterests and m_outData are so called TracedCallbacks, whose sole purpose is to collect statistics.

---

To send out an Interest/Data you need to simply call Send method on Face object, similar as it is done for Interests here:
https://github.com/NDN-Routing/ndnSIM/blob/master/model/fw/ndn-forwarding-strategy.cc#L573
and for Data here:
https://github.com/NDN-Routing/ndnSIM/blob/master/model/fw/ndn-forwarding-strategy.cc#L391