[ndnSIM] ndnSIM Routing: best face

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Thu Jun 13 10:49:37 PDT 2013

Hi Xiaoke,

The first task would be to get this information into the FIB entry.  There is, actually, already an RTT estimate that is maintained for each face in each FIB entry, which would the first step in what you want to achieve.

To actually take into account this (an potentially other) information, you would need to modify implementation of FindBestCandidate of ndn::fib::Entry class.  Ideally, this implementation should allow customization of different logics in simulation scenarios, but for now you can just simply modify the code.

The current implementation relies on boost::multi_index-based data structure, that automatically "indices" entries based on composite index of face status (green/yellow/red) and routing cost.  If you want, you can add third index (e.g., in between status and cost) that uses RTT as input.  This way, just modification of the data structure can give you necessary effect.