[ndnSIM] ConsumerWindow and Congestion

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Thu Jul 18 08:34:53 PDT 2013

Hi Tun,

The behavior you're observing is probably not wrong, it just that ConsumerWindow is not equal to TCP.  ConsumerWindow has very simplistic congestion-related logic implemented, so it causes such an oscillations and weirdnesses.  You may want to consider implementing a more aggressive and more TCP-like consumer, or you can also enable NACKs (EnableNACKs parameter for the forwarding strategy), which may improve (but probably not going to completely solve) your problem.