[ndnSIM] Help for ConsumerWindow

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Wed Jul 3 09:51:57 PDT 2013

Hi Tun,

For the ConsumerWindow you have to specify how much data the consumer wants to request.  By default, this value is 0, so it doesn't do anything at all...

You have two options to specify size:
Option 1:  Specify the number of pieces that consumer wants to request

      ndn::AppHelper consumerHelper ("ns3::ndn::ConsumerWindow");
      consumerHelper.SetAttribute ("Window", StringValue ("1")); // Window size default 1
      consumerHelper.SetAttribute ("MaxSeq", UintegerValue (100));

Options 2:  Specify expected payload size (as you did) and specify size of the requested "file" in megabytes:

      ndn::AppHelper consumerHelper ("ns3::ndn::ConsumerWindow");
      consumerHelper.SetAttribute ("Window", StringValue ("1")); // Window size default 1
      consumerHelper.SetAttribute ("PayloadSize", UintegerValue (1040)); // PayloadSize default 1040
      consumerHelper.SetAttribute ("Size", DoubleValue (1));