[ndnSIM] Content Store Size

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Thu Feb 7 10:18:07 PST 2013

Hi Zeeshan,

Yes, it is possible to set individual sizes for cache sizes on nodes.  One of the ways to do this is to use Config class, for example like this:

// set up max sizes, after NDN stack is installed
Config::Set ("/NodeList/0/$ns3::ndn::ContentStore/MaxSize", UintegerValue (1)); // number after nodeList is global ID of the node (= node->GetId ())
Config::Set ("/NodeList/1/$ns3::ndn::ContentStore/MaxSize", UintegerValue (2));
Config::Set ("/NodeList/2/$ns3::ndn::ContentStore/MaxSize", UintegerValue (200));

This would work for all content store types, you don't need to (would work either way) specify a specific type of content store in Config::Set.

I pushed a new commit to ndnSIM repository with a simple example (ndn-simple-with-different-sizes-content-store.cc).