[ndnSIM] ForwardStrategy in wifi-csma connection

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Mon Aug 19 10:08:51 PDT 2013

Hi JackWee,

To make BestRoute strategy work, you may want to manually set up proper FIB content (or use global routing controller for that).  While the default routes may be "acceptable" for the flooding, since it simply forwards a copy of the interest to all faces, it is not a good thing for BestRoute strategy.  BestRoute tries just one way, which in this particular case happens to be not the right one.

Here is extract from a modified version of your scenario:

  ndn::StackHelper ndnHelper;
  ndnHelper.SetForwardingStrategy ("ns3::ndn::fw::BestRoute");
  // ndnHelper.SetForwardingStrategy ("ns3::ndn::fw::Flooding");
  //ndnHelper.SetForwardingStrategy ("ns3::ndn::fw::SmartFlooding");
  ndnHelper.SetContentStore ("ns3::ndn::cs::Lru", "MaxSize", "1000");
  // ndnHelper.SetDefaultRoutes (true);
  ndnHelper.InstallAll ();

  ndn::GlobalRoutingHelper ndnGlobalRoutingHelper;
  ndnGlobalRoutingHelper.InstallAll ();

  ndnGlobalRoutingHelper.AddOrigins ("/prefix", lannode);
  ndn::GlobalRoutingHelper::CalculateRoutes ();

I have commented out configuring default routes and added configuration of the global routing controller that pre-calculates routing tables.  After I did so, the scenario seems to work as expected.