[ndnSIM] How to measure the server load

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Tue Apr 2 10:57:12 PDT 2013

Hi Saran,

Rows corresponding to "dev=local(x)" represent only "load" that was generated by local applications.  In your specific example, this would indicate how many (and what volume) of Data packets were received from a local application on the node.  This information does not represent anything from the content store (cache), which is not an application.

Is it what you're looking for or not?

If you want to know cache "performance" (number of cache hits/misses), you may want to use specialized form of content store and CsTracer (http://ndnsim.net/metric.html#content-store-trace-helper).

If none of these is an acceptable indication of the "load", then we can try to make something else.  I'm really open for suggestions/help :)