[Ndn-interest] [EXT]question on request and response

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Jan 27 08:23:49 PST 2021

Hi Marwa

in pic. 1 , the data packet ,in the second request with the rtt=1.8, is a
> cached data packet because there is a forwarder so there is a cache and the
> rtt is very small, is that correct?

No, it's unlikely a cached Data packet.
Although ping packets are cacheable, ndnping programs use two techniques to
reduce the likelihood of receiving a cached response packet:

   - Each Interest name has a random sequence number component.
   - Interest carries the MustBeFresh flag, and Data has
   FreshnessPeriod=1ms. This combination means that the cached packet would
   expire after 1 millisecond.

 so if I want to determine the cache hit ratio in a network with multiple
> nodes I can use the ndnping, ndnpingserver ?

You can observe Content Store counters with nfdc cs info command. It tells
you how many CS hits and CS misses have occurred since NFD started.
As explained above, ndnping is unlikely to generate CS hits. A file
transfer application such as @ndn/cat
<https://ndnts-docs.ndn.today/typedoc/modules/cat.html> would generate CS
hits.

2 - Is there any ndn- library that is compatible with the p4 programmable
> switches? or POF programmable switches?

There was a P4 related presentation at NDN Community Meeting 2020.
You can watch the video at https://ndnts-video.ndn.today/ , select "A Novel
P4 Target Architecture for Runtime-Reconfigurable NDN Data Planes".