[Ndn-interest] Tutorial for setting up an NDN application from scratch

Zhaoning Kong jonnykong at cs.ucla.edu
Sun May 17 12:23:53 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Last week Lixia and me talked to a few biomedical people in Clemson
University. They were trying to setup an NDN repo and reported that the
process is rather difficult.

So they came up with a list of steps and challenges they encountered, which
I think it's pretty valuable, given that it presents a view from a
non-computer science user's perspective:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19g5atNQlKEtsP_7YcD9q-qXot3Y4L_CKKQCSS8zxeYw/edit?usp=sharing

I noticed that we have tutorials and instructions for each individual
components, but don't seem to have such a comprehensive instruction of
setting up an application from scratch (e.g., install ndn-cxx/NFD,
configure routes, make use ndn-tools, setup application, etc).

If this doc can be further refined, generalized, and made public, I think
it would be great for the NDN development. Maybe we can discuss at Friday's
call.

Best,
Zhaoning Kong