[Ndn-interest] [EXT]Re: Questions about how to carry data package in interest package

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jun 30 04:40:14 PDT 2020

Hi Pengyuan

What you are looking for is Named Function Networking.
http://conferences2.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2017/files/tutorial-ndn-ccnlite-riot/9-NFN.pdf

You still don’t need to embed data into Interests.
Instead, both the command (lambda function)  and input data are published
as Data packets.
To execute a function, you send an Interest that names the result, whose
parameters carry the *names* of command and input data.
The network will find a middle box execute the command, which includes
retrieving the input data by name.

Yours, Junxiao