[Ndn-interest] Request for NDN Primer

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jan 9 14:43:53 PST 2020

Hi Rafee

I transferred the content using ndncat. I tried to do a binary comparison,
> as there's no way to play the video on the server. However, I think there's
> some overhead like segment inside the mp4 file transferred by ndn. Other
> than that, the file transferred successfully.

There's still some problems with logging in ndncat command, such as some
logs are written to stdout and showing up in output files. I still need to
improve in this area.
For now, remove NDNTS_PKTTRACE=1 from the command line and try again. After
that, the output file should binary equal the input file. It should not
contain log messages or packet headers.

> When I check https://nlsr-status.netlify.com/, I can't find my content at
> /Rafee/my-second-packet/33=%00. However, when I try the command ndnpeek
> -p /Rafee/my-second-packet/33=%00, it produces the following output Rafee's
> first packet. Where is it being served from? Is it being served locally?
> If yes, how to purge the local cache?

The prefix announce would be named /Rafee/my-second-packet, and does not
contain the segment number.
If the producer is not running, the prefix announce disappears within 10
minutes.

ndnpeek connects to local NFD and may use local cache. ndncat does not use
local cache unless you ask it to connect to local NFD.
To delete Data from local NFD cache, execute nfdc cs /Rafee/my-second-packet
command.

> Also, how to set a lifetime for content?

Data packet does not have lifetime limit. It is valid forever and may stay
in caches indefinitely. To transfer a different file, choose a different
name prefix.
ndncat does not fully support version discovery yet, so that the commands I
gave do not automatically add version number in the name. I still need to
improve in this area.

And more importantly, How do I find this information without bothering you
> over email?

You may also post on Twitter with hashtag #NDNts
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/NDNts?f=live> .

Yours, Junxiao