[Ndn-interest] [EXT] NDN Architecture

Lixia Zhang lixia at cs.ucla.edu
Sun Dec 6 10:17:44 PST 2020

> On Dec 6, 2020, at 5:05 AM, Junxiao Shi via Ndn-interest <ndn-interest at lists.cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Avakili
> Hello and hope all are fine. I already asked for help about following questions in this mailing list. I hope to get your feedback for my further research. I already read many papers in NDN topics and just to be sure again I need following questions to be resolved:
>
> # What Networking model is used by NDN network? (eg: peer-to-peer, hierarchical, or like KaZa, NUTELLA...)
>

> NDN is more than an overlay - it is a network layer protocol that could replace IP.
> Thus, NDN can use many different network models, including peer-to-peer, hierarchical, and others.

please let me add to Junxiao's above comment: as Junxiao said, NDN is a network layer protocol, so the question of

 "What Networking model is used by NDN network?"

is equivalent to ask "what networking model is used by an IP network".

> # Is there any NDN to IP communication simulation solution in ndnSIM already?

Could you please explain what is the definition of
 "NDN to IP communication"
mentioned in the above?

Lixia