[Ndn-interest] The Usage of ApplicationParameters in the Interest packet

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Mar 20 20:41:07 PDT 2019

Hi Paul

The protocol designers won't admit it, but ApplicationParameters is
actually payload in Interest packet , as much as Content is payload in Data
packet. So the answer to question 2 and 3 are yes.

Question 1 is more complicated. ApplicationParameters was called "Interest
payload", but protocol designers decide to call it "parameters" because you
shouldn't be sending large amounts of payload in Interests. It messes up
PIT aggregation, caching, and congestion control.

Event delivery system should use PSync.

Yours, Junxiao