[Ndn-interest] Transport layer connection in NDN

Lixia Zhang lixia at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Jan 16 21:09:43 PST 2019

> On Jan 15, 2019, at 9:04 AM, Tanusree Chatterjee via Ndn-interest <ndn-interest at lists.cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> Please tell me if ip address and port number is still used for connecting a remote NFD from one, then why it is said that transport layer connection does not exist in NDN? '

the TCP/UDP tunnels used to connecting up remote NDN nodes are viewed as (virtual) link layer, rather than transport layer.

> Without using IP address and port number how a node in NDN can connect to a remote node in NDN? Then will there be any notion of communication range? What happens then if the nodes are considered as dynamic?

Not sure I followed your way of thinking.
By its name, NDN focuses on how to fetch data by names, not how to keep connection up with a mobile node.
here is a pointer to
"A Survey of Mobility Support in Named Data Networking"
http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~lixia/papers/1604NOM.pdf
see if it might help answer your question